Monday, October 5, 2009

Wrestler Bodybuilders

Usually we see the very enjoyable overlap of bodybuilders and wrestlers with the bodybuilders showing up in the ring. These clips from YouTube go the other direction (the classic wrestlers posing as bodybuilders on stage). Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka, and Tony Atlas were regular objects of my lust as a kid. Seeing them oiled up and on stage is absolutely stunning.
Ricky's body was a work of (erotic) art. In this bodybuilding competition, his post-victory embrace of the also rans (including Jimmy Snuka 06:04) is a little tender, though I think the way he clutches the second-placer against his chest is a nice little moment of domination (at 06:10 I can almost here him command, "lick my tit!"). My memories of Ricky are mostly him as a jobber getting used, but he was so sincere and enthusiastic. I always wanted to see him win, but I always thought it was sooooooo hot seeing that musclebod manhandled and defeated!
Jimmy Snuka had to grow on me. He doesn't have the "pretty" body of a Ricky or a Tony, but he was still so stunningly muscled. My memories of Jimmy were from when he was more of a heel, sort of playing the (racist-stereotype of the) savage islander whose brute force would break his opponents in half.
Tony Atlas, bless his heart (as my mother would say), was a brickhouse with no lights on. I remember the first time I saw him in the ring. I had no idea such a massive bodybuilder (despite the skinny calves) ever found his way into a pro-ring. He was usually jobbing, with his opponents using guile and, well frankly a little intelligence, to overcome Tony's inevitable physical dominance. Tony's interviews confirmed the fact that he wasn't the brightest bulb in the lamp. Then he'd walk away, and that gorgeous muscle-butt in those tight, skimpy speedos would remind me that brains aren't everything!
I don't know the stories behind these clips, but they totally rock! Showvideos1979 is my hero for the week for this fantastic find.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails