Wednesday, November 18, 2009

...Really, Why Don't You Love Me?

I'm continuing to dig the latest season of Californication. Unlike the first season, and completely opposite of the second season, I actually feel some empathy for David Duchovny's character. Also, it can't hurt that, as I've mentioned before, David has clearly been pounding the gym. Seriously beautiful bod...
The naked women everywhere is not my thing. The premise for this show is so misogynistic, though, that the naked chicks are completely backgrounded (I'm not saying I'm proud, but satisfied that this is the case). They don't entirely kill my buzz from the sight of David's rippled abs and round pecs. Women? What women? I only had eyes for Special Agent Fox Mulder... oh, I mean, David Duchovny.
I must admit to being a little perplexed by the "character" of Rick Springfield, cleverly played by Rick Springfield. Ummm.... isn't that Rick Springfield cleverly playing the character of David Duchovny? The hot stud hearthrob from half a generation earlier who is still fucking everything in sight and having women (and men, I'm sure) throwing themselves at him all the time... isn't that the story of the sex addicted David Duchovny in real life? If for no other reason, I find Rick Springfield creepy in these past few episodes because it seems like a parody of David. And I have other reasons. He's a sleazeball who can't keep his dick out of any vagina in sight (creepy). It's treated like a running joke that he's a sleazeball, which makes it more creepy. Whatever they call this device of having real stars play (good God I hope) fictionalized caricatures of themselves (I'm also picturing the straight, drug-addled Neil Patrick Harris in Harold and Kumar), I find it creepy. I vote for less Rick Springfield naked and more David Duchovny naked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails