Friday, December 4, 2009

A Warm Front from the Bayou


Since
Dexter is forcing me to take cold showers just as the winter winds blow in, I'm happy to get a warm front from off-season news about True Blood. I first saw the newsbreak on Towleroad, which is slowly becoming my only source of relevant news. Now I see it everywhere. Grant Bowler and Theo Alexander are joining True Blood for season 3.
Bowler is somewhat of a known quantity. Another Aussie, he and Ryan can speak each other's language between takes. The few shirtless pics I can scare up of Grant make me very, very happy. Apparently he'll be playing a werewolf, and EVERYONE knows that werewolves must rip off their clothing and be naked before turning. It's a law... in Bon Temps, Louisiana... or else it should be. Grant is bringing nice, mature beef to the already packed meat market that is True Blood. For a show with naked hunks spilling into every other scene, though, True Blood doesn't pair up the bevy of beauties nearly enough. For example, when will we see some extended [lovemaking] scenes between Alexander Skarsgård and Ryan Kwanten? New cuts of beef must include some more attractive presentation (as in man-on-man action!)!!
Speaking of that, apparently Theo Alexander will be playing a gay vampire... Aren't they all ambiguously bi/pansexual? The sexual tension between Scandinavian sizzlers Alexander Skarsgård and Allan Hyde was unmistakable and so promising. So if someone is going to bill Theo as a "gay vampire," then damn it, I want to see something gay happen there (and not just that he wears an apron in the kitchen)! I'm completely at a loss with knowing much at all about this actor upon whom I'm already heaping so many hopes. I see nothing wrong with the few pics I'm finding so far. The smoldering eyes, the lickable lips... the equipment all seems to be in order. I'm hoping for a little more seductive a gay character than this one here, though.
Still, I'm willing to buy the promise of hotness to come.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails