Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Year in Review - Favorite Moment #2


Rediscovering
Los Luchadores teen idol-like star, Levi James, morphed into a rock star bassist is my second favorite moment in blogging in 2009. It really wasn't so long ago that young Levi was playing an even younger character, Turbine, the youthful ward of the fictional masked Mexican wrestling star, Lobo Fuerte. By day, the dynamic duo pro-wrestled as the improbable combination of squeaky clean, good guy boy scouts who completely dominated in the ring. By night, they battled over-the-top supervillains, making Union City safe for its citizens.
As a 20 year old playing a 16 year old, Levi was gorgeous sucked inside skin tight lycra tights and shiny black leather pants. Paired with muscle model, Maximo Morrone, Levi was the heart and energy of this Saturday morning live-action, low-budget production. He was the typical hyperactive kid, worshiping his bodybeautiful, testosterone-hyped mentor. The whole thing was saccharine, sloppy and silly, and I felt just a twinge of shame for being a full-grown man tuning in to it in the hope of catching the rare wrestling scene.
I hadn't really given young Levi another thought since Los Luchadores disappeared after one short season. For some reason, I found myself digging around for him this year, and I was thrilled to discover that he's now the bassist for the Vancouver band, Irrevents. I was flush with excitement to discover that he's continued to mature into handsome, hardbody, "Levi the Hulk."
And I had a massive (if I do say so myself) redirection of blood flow when I discovered that rock star Levi seems to frequently get so hot and sweaty that he performs shirtless. He could play a washboard (speaking of, check out the abs), and I'd pony up to support him. But Irreverents actually put together some nice sounds and pounding beats that are, honestly, right up my alley. The sweet convergence of wrestling, a gorgeous man, and sweaty rock star making music I like is a highlight of my year in blogging.
Hot, young Levi is keeping all his irons in the fire, modeling, acting, playing bass and managing his band. Personally, I'm rooting for Hollywood to come to its senses and discover the mouthwatering talent he brings to the screen. So as we approach 2010, I'm toasting Levi's on camera future: may this be a year filled with much, much more sweaty, shirtless bass playing topped off with a breakout role that shows off that beautiful bod he's clearly worked so hard for! Ching-ching!

2 comments:

  1. wow great countdown and post Bard! Would love to see more of him in the future!
    You've made me very curious about the show Los Luchadores. Any idea where we can find it online or on DVDs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't he have a nice, hot body!? He's clearly a man born to entertain. I've looked for episodes of Los Luchadores on the web, but haven't seen them. It was on for such a short time, I don't think quite generated the cult following of a "Power Rangers" or any of those similar low-budget, cheese-fests. You can check out the opening credits here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUmWwXws9z4

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails