Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Spice of Life

I think there's not much in life that wouldn't be much sweeter for everyone with a little more sprinkling of gay. A little more gay in organized sports and we might have mandatory butt-slapping after every point scored. A little more gay in politics and I think everyone would benefit from the transformation of the proverbial political bitch-slap into a literal political bitch-slap. Happily, we've learned that there'll be still a little more gay in True Blood next season with the addition of a boyfriend for openly gay character, Lafayette. Kevin Alejandro is reportedly joining the cast to make an already homoerotic subtext into, well... homoerotic text.
This announcement comes on the heels of learning that Theo Alexander will also join the cast as a gay vampire companion (hot human boy toy). Of course between Alexander Skarsgård, Ryan Kwanten, Sam Trammell and Stephen Moyer, there's already been plenty to catch a gay man's eye. And seriously, it's all one transparent analogy to the gays (regardless of what Alan Ball says). But giving their gay character a lover and writing in another gay character simply cements True Blood as a gayboy's fantasy.
Like Theo and Grant, I know little about Kevin Alejandro. Fortunately, there's an adoring fan who's been cataloging the rise of Kevin for some time now. I'm liking the playful turn at the corners of his mouth.
He also looks beefy. I see you flashing that sexy bicep while making eyes at me, Kevin!
Some shirtless pics from Ugly Betty give us a glimpse of Kevin's meaty, entirely claw-able pecs (you see where my mind immediately takes me).
I didn't see Purgatory Flats, but the stills of Kevin strangling Vincent Ventresca send my twisted mind off in wonderful flights of fantasy. Coincidentally, I've thought it would be fun to choke out lovely Vincent, as well (way too pretty not to suffer).

So once again I tip my hat to Alan Ball for sprinkling more gay into True Blood to spice things up. Just like garlic, some people might not like it, but for my tastes, you can never have too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails