Friday, October 1, 2010

I got ya

Joe at Ringside at Skull Island offered an excellent and definitive review of Thunders Arena's "Custom Video Series" debut featuring Ace Hanson squashing Angel to smithereens. As usual, Joe is on the money, and there isn't much else really to say. But still, I feel compelled to repeat one of Joe's perfect lines and emphasize just a couple additional points.


Joe writes, "Ace has got as much muscle in his buns of steel as poor Angel has in his whole well-built but compact body." This line caught my attention, similarly to how Ace's buns of steel grabbed me by the ears held me fixated on them. I think I get more of a kick out of more squash mashes than Joe, but even among tasty squashes, this is a pretty fascinating match to watch, not in small part due to Ace's massive glutes. S0 much beef squeezed so tightly into spandex trunks boggles the mind.




It's not as if I wouldn't see Ace walking down the street and fail to notice that he's one chiseled, massive, massive man. 6' tall and 220 pounds is hard to miss from a distance. But up close, juxtaposed against 5'5", 135 pound Angel, with his tree trunk thighs squeezing the tattooed tough guy until the little man is literally begging for him to stop... and this is just astonishing to watch. The opening test of strength captures the whole, remarkable novelty of this match. Angel is clearly destined to be struggling uphill against anything Ace has to throw at him.




If there's one thing I have to quibble about in this match, it's the "custom" scenario built around Ace's need to beat up on Angel because Ace caught Angel staring at him at the gym. This seems just shy of a gay panic concept, and I'm repeatedly on the record as opposed to that tired, homophobic old saw getting mixed up in genuinely hot homoerotic (even the PG version) wrestling. Still, the big v small scenario has a long tradition with more than a passing overlap with wrestling kink tastes (including my own). What Ace and Angel bring is a fascinating angle. The match is taped really, really up close. So, for example, when you see Ace's thighs wrapped around Angel's torso, you just can't miss the amazing fact that Angel's waist is, at most, barely bigger around than just one of Ace's upper legs. When Ace has Angel in one of several face-to-crotch figure-four headlocks, Ace just looks impossibly big. When, in the same position, Ace gives a couple completely, absolutely unnecessary and entirely gratuitous hair yanks, the domination and humiliation are profoundly arousing. It's not as if Ace needs to drive home the point any further that Angel is 100% under his paralyzing control. Ace does it just for kicks, and he gives the camera some long, lingering grins to let you and me know that he does it for our kicks, too.




Finally, just a handful of points that Joe didn't mention that I can't leave unsaid. Squash though it is, Ace works up a very fine sheen of sweat, and that's a major plus in my book. Ace has Angel out cold at least 3 times. And one last wrestling kink joy in this match for me is precisely at the moment that Ace has Angel in a cobra clutch. Ace whispers, almost lovingly, as if reassuringly, as Angel is losing touch with the conscious world: "That's right, I got ya.... Oh, goin' down.... Don't fight it. I got ya."



Yes, Ace, indeed... you got me. (That last pic is from an earlier Ace match where he's shaved... I can't decide which I like better).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails