Monday, December 27, 2010

Year in Review - Favorite Moment #5

If you were tracking my musings this time last year, you may remember that I did my own "best of 2009" countdown. I'm reprising the tradition as I reflect back on another year of finding a ridiculous quantity of things to say about beautiful men, wrestling, and especially beautiful men wrestling.







Again, if you were tracking my musings this time last year, you may also remember my bitterness at the end of 2009 as a result of Italian adonis newsboy Chris Cuomo getting shafted (linger on that image a moment...) and yanked off of my morning television into the oblivion that is 20/20... or is it 60 minutes... or Dateline.... one of those news programs that I have far too much of a life to be watching on a weekend evening.


To kick off my 5 most favorite moments of 2010, I'm reflecting with deep appreciation on the new crop of news hunks that the networks are now beginning to harvest. I was sure it was going to happen, but it seemed like an eternity before hot new meat popped up to catch my eye in the morning news. When Matt Gutman showed up on ABC covering the oil spill in the gulf, suddenly the morning news grabbed my attention like it hadn't managed to do since Chris' exile.


So my discovery of Matt is the "moment" I'm appreciating, but I'm also happy to have seen plenty more of Matt on the oil soaked beaches of the gulf, and then covering the tornado ravaged Southeast, and more recently in harms way as Haiti rioted. I'm pulling for Matt to get a desk job soon, so that he can be a more regular fixture of lust and we can see those dimples up close. As long as he continues to keep his shirt unbuttoned to give us a glimpse of that hot, hairy chest, he will remain my favorite new fantasyman from the world of journalism.


Matt's debut in my homoerotic wrestling fiction (it was inevitable) was at first glance, perhaps, inauspicious. He submitted to David Muir in a Mexican Ceiling hold variation, despite the ringside encouragement of his mentor, Chris Cuomo.


When Chris' nemesis, Carter Evans dives into the ring looking like he's eager to take a bite out of the beaten rookie post-match, Chris intervenes in defense of his protegé. Matt cements himself as an anti-hero object of my lust by Pearl Harboring his now-former mentor and double-teaming the Italian Stallion with his new BFF, Carter. I expect to see more of all parties involved showing up in my homoerotic wrestling imagination in 2011, needless to say.


And I'm delighted to add that there are a bevy of newsboys ready to join them. A real life shake up at CBS' The Early Show has catapulted Chris Wragge and Jeff Glor into my sights. I've also been taken with the appearance of CBS newsboys on the rise like Ben Tracy and Whit Johnson.



And did you see that Thomas Roberts is clawing his way up the ladder, now over at MSNBC? True fans will remember Thomas made a delightful debut in some of my very earliest wrestling fiction posts, including taking his tag team partner, Rob Marciano, by surprise in singles competition, illustrating that Thomas is a wrestling kinkster and erotic sadist in his own right (welcome to the family, Thomas!).

Indeed, Matt Gutman broke a bitter drought for me in newsboy infatuations, completely earning him my #5 most favorite moment in blogging in 2010. As the new year approaches, I'm toasting to Matt's good health, unbuttoned shirts, muscled arms, and a lively News Division in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails